Title: MSP Engineer – Lead Security Engineer
The Security Engineer applies professional principles, practices, and techniques to design, build, and implement customized technology solutions for real world business needs utilizing Microsoft technologies. The ideal candidate would be familiar with multiple Microsoft security best practices as well as Azure Sentinel and Sentinel One.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Convert business and functional requirements into technical security policies, configurations, and processes for our internal customers.
- Consult with internal customers to determine security capability gaps/overlaps, opportunities for improvements, and other solution needs.
- Plan and manage a group of related technology projects or activities in a coordinated way from inception through successful delivery.
- Develop a deep understanding of the design approaches and technologies utilized for network security solutions, on-prem and in cloud environments.
- Focus on the customer experience, then build and deliver tools, capabilities, and/or processes to solve problems.
- Understand the needs of the support and technical operations teams who maintain and operate the system for the life of the system and provide solutions that meet their needs.
- Write documentation as required.
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner for senior leadership consumption, escalating blocking issues when appropriate.
- Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, identify, assess, track and mitigate issues/risks at multiple levels.
- Participation in emergency on-call for Security related incidents.
Experience (Not all is required but must have strong mixture of skills)
- Proven experience with Next Generation antivirus deployment, configuration, troubleshooting, administration and/or engineering.
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and DNS
- Advanced knowledge of security capabilities/tools/solutions and constraints related to network security, including relevant practical experience.
- Strong technical writing and documentation skills.
- Industry recognized network and/or security certification desired (GIAC, CISSP, etc.)
- Previous experience working in a Security Operations Center, blue team, incident response or similar role a plus.
- Building and administration of remote access solutions and understanding of emerging concepts.
- A proven track record of transferring knowledge and management of tools to internal customers outside of your immediate team.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills necessary for interaction with business leaders and teams across all levels of the organization.
- Integrating traditional and native network security tools into Cloud Platforms such as Azure
- Experience with network monitoring tools and datasets.
- Degree from University or Trade School (Or comparable industry experience)
Dalechek Technology Group is an advanced technology company that utilizes Microsoft products to design, build, and implement customized technology solutions for real world business
We turn complex IT solutions into simple results.