Title: Server OS Team Lead
Reports to: MSP Manager
The MSP Server OS Team Lead applies professional principles, practices and techniques to the MSP team ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. This role has the primary responsibilities of Server administration, Backup, Patching consistency, validation, and Customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate would have a strong technical background with prior management experience. Must have a strong willingness for cross-functional collaborations. They should be empathetic to client needs and have a strong sense of urgency to resolve issues or deliver answers. Attention to detail is a must.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Point of escalation, including Vendor escalations when required
- Manage critical situations to ensure proper focus, communication, and relationship management throughout the escalation process, including, but not limited to scheduling the coordination of activities for all technical personnel required
- Responsibility of developing, reporting and distributing on various business metrics and dashboards.
- Maintain and enhance a strong client service-oriented environment focused on problem prediction, detection and resolution.
- Monitor technician work activities & outcomes and proactively identify and remove barriers to meeting client expectations.
- Ensure follow-up on client issue resolution. Escalate issues as appropriate.
- Actively and consistently recommend and support all efforts to improve, simplify, automate and enhance day to day operations and the client experience within area of responsibility
- Provide timely response to requests for information, reports and other operations data from functional departments.
- Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure that all tickets are handled within established SLA’s.
- Work with other members of the team to manage servers
- Participate in MSP customer project initiatives.
- Transfer knowledge to team members to ensure proficient ticket resolution.
- Assess issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Proactively communicate ticket status, issues & risks to customer and management.
- Follow Dalechek policies, procedures, methodologies, and documentation.
- Manage Server patching for all clients.
- Customer site visits as needed for issue remediation.
- Participate in the afterhours Priority 1 infrastructure issues
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leadership.
- 5+ years in Systems Administration/Server support.
- Microsoft OS – Advanced skills in Microsoft Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Azure Experience (Virtual Machines, AAD)
- Skilled in VMWare ESXi and HyperV virtualization
- Ability to manage various forms of server related storage. SAN/NAS/Direct Attached
- Proficient in various forms of backup software and methodologies. (ABS/MABS/ASR/Veeam)
Nice to Haves
- Office 365Administration (Exchange, Exchange Hybrid, SharePoint, or Teams)
- Networking Experience (Firewall, Router/Switch Management)
- Database Administration (Preferred SQL or SQL express)
- Bachelor’s Degree or certification in a related field (Or comparable industry experience)