The AD/Exchange Engineer applies professional principles, practices, and techniques to the team ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. The role’s primary responsibilities are to design, build, implement, and maintain solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responding to technical support tickets within a reasonable time frame
- Record, validate, and sort technical support requests
- Diagnose and resolve system hardware, software, and operation problems
- Install new or rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, settings, storage, networking, etc. according to project requirements.
- Maintain installation, configuration and operations procedures
- Contribute to and maintain system standards
- Perform daily system monitoring to maintain a high level of system availability and integrity
- Repair and recover from hardware and software failures
- Create, change and delete user accounts within active directory
- Participate in the planning and execution of maintenance processes
- Participate in the planning and execution of IT projects and initiatives
- Complete change/service requests
- Create and maintain proper documentation.
- Shows initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willing to learn new technologies
Experience (Not all is required but must have a strong mixture of skills):
- Strong AD management skills
- Configuration, management, and troubleshooting of MS Exchange 2013 and later.
- Managing exchange online in the MS 365 environment
- Configuration, management, and troubleshooting of MS Server 2016 or later
- Experience Migrating On-prem AD/Exchange infrastructure to O365/Azure
- Experience Setting up/Migrating/Upgrading CA infrastructure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and is comfortable working with clients
- Possesses strong organizational and time-management skills
- Experience writing proposals for and implementing technical solutions to fulfill business needs
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, energetic, professional, reliable, and a team player
- Strong understanding of technology and business productivity systems
- Ability to problem solve at a high level, extraordinary customer service skills, strong multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Experience troubleshooting systems virtualized on VMWare 6.0
- Experience setting up and administrating MIM