Title: MSP Engineer – Tier I
Reports to: MSP Manager
The MSP Engineer – Tier I applies professional principles, practices and techniques to the MSP team ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction. This role has responsibility of MSP Tier I ticket resolution, On-call rotation, and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all tickets are resolved within established SLA’s.
- Escalate tickets as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction and proper metrics.
- Transfer knowledge to team members to ensure proficient ticket resolution.
- Assess issues and identify solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Proactively communicate ticket status, issues & risks to management to customer and management.
- Follow Dalechek policies, procedures, and methodologies.
- Customer site visits as needed for issue remediation.
- Participate in the afterhours on call rotation.
- Document all tickets thoroughly.
- Must have the ability to work with others
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situation
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner while working in group problem solving situations.
- Can demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Undertakes self-development activities and Seeks increased responsibility
- Follows instructions and responds to direction
- Other duties as assigned
Experience (Not all is required but must have strong mixture of skills)
- 1+ years in Service Desk/Help Desk environment in a Managed Service Provider (MSP) environment preferred but not required.
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft OS – Windows 7,8,10
- Experience with installation and maintenance of computer software, hardware and peripherals.
- Proficiency in MS Office Products is required.
- Proven ability to become and remain proficient in all programs necessary to perform the everyday duties of this position.
- Degree from University or Trade School (Or comparable industry experience)
- Technical training or related industry experience. MCITP, MCSA, CompTIA Network +, or CompTIA A+ preferred